Thursday, August 27, 2009

slowly, slowly

not been knitting up a storm as I usually am, recently. The tennis elbow has really slowed me down. It's annoying, but it's meant I've taken up a bit of sewing in the meantime while it heals. In fact, I think I may have developed a bit of a fabric as well as a fibre addiction.

We have enough Christmas fabric to make all the holiday ornaments, napkins and placemats we'll ever need, so that's good!

I'll post pictures of Christmas in progress soon.

It's also meant that I can finally display all the vintage hankies my Mum gave me. I have 12 so far - and might buy more from Ebay, but I'd really like the quilt to be made with only family hankies. That's right, I'm making hankies into a quilt. Look at http://www.ehow.com/how_2077800_make-handkerchief-quilt.html if you want to see how to make one. There's one hankie in the collection from when I went to Sunday school as a tot which is a bit mad and seventies, but that's only to be expected - since it WAS the seventies :)

I'm going to try to make this quilt a long term project so I don't rush to get it finished for a deadline and screw it up somehow. It will be lovely to put something on my bed which has so much sentimental meaning and history. Much better than the pile of hankies lingering in a drawer somewhere.

C.

No comments: